Established Member
MmeLucie

Do I qualify as a first time buyer if my first vehicle and financing is off my report?

It has been 20 years since I bought a car... they ask me if I am a first time buyer.  The loan isn't on my credit report.  Dropped off a while ago.

My credit is good: TU: 712 Equi: 697

What extras do they give a first time buyer?

Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: Do I qualify as a first time buyer if my first vehicle and financing is off my report?

MmeLucie wrote:

It has been 20 years since I bought a car... they ask me if I am a first time buyer.  The loan isn't on my credit report.  Dropped off a while ago.

My credit is good: TU: 712 Equi: 697

What extras do they give a first time buyer?

Just tell them you are if you want to be a first time car buyer. Different dealerships do different promos for first time buyers. You would have to check. 

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+