Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify for a new loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I qualify for a new loan?

I'm looking to purchase a pre-owned car in the next few weeks. I've had some credit issues in the past but have been actively working on rebuilding the past year. Please provide any input on what rates I am looking at and also how much would I be able to finance.  I would like a 2013 Camry, Acura Tl or even a Hyundai Sonata. I plan on applying with my primary bank USAA, NFCU and also Nasa FCU. Those are the bank I currently have a relationship with. I am trying to stear far away from dealer financing. I do understand due to my scores by initial interest interest rate will be much higher than normal and looking  to refinance in 6-9 months.

Credit Score: current in siggy EQ-608 TU-619 EX-652

AAoA: 1 yr 8 month

# of positive trade lines: 7-8  ALL OBTAINED IN THE PAST YEAR

# of negative trade lines: 2-3 DEPEPENDING ON REPORT

Income:  50k

Lenght of Employment: 14 months (at current employer) but continuous emplyment for 9 yrs

Previous Loan Experience: yes

Debt-to-Income (DTI): 

Year of Car:  2013

Miles: unsure

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months):  60 months or less

Down payment amount: $1500

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: no

Other: Current car loan from WFDS 6k left. Previously has 2 90day lates on it. But loan has been current and on time payment for the past 14 months

Inquiries 6 TU   14 EQ      3 EX

Any advice and best options for myself... Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I qualify for a new loan?

Noone?
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say try with a credit union. My scores are lower than yours, I have 4 positive trade lines and like 7 baddies some falling off this year other it will be a while. I was approved with my local CU for 22k no money down for 66 months at 10.7% apr. Others might have better advise just wanted to give you a view on someone with lower credit. 

Message 3 of 23
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Banks will definately look at your overall profile to determine the best rates. I'm hoping the 2 lates won't affect you. Try Navy Fed like you said. Their approvals are good for 30 days to give you ample time to shop for a new car. Good Luck!

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone wants to pull equifax....yikes
Message 6 of 23
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyone wants to pull equifax....yikes

Yes they do pull EQ. However, you can always refi like you said in a year or so. 

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-
NFCU-Denied
USAA-Denied
DCU-Denied , stated due to my Verizon collections acct ($160) , new acct and lates on current loan. Rep states my score was 585. my score isnt a 585 on any myfico veriosn (auto, mortgage,creditcard,, O4) 
Capital One-Denied.

Should I attempt having the dealer find me financing? Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Message 8 of 23
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update-
NFCU-Denied
USAA-Denied
DCU-Denied , stated due to my Verizon collections acct ($160) , new acct and lates on current loan. Rep states my score was 585. my score isnt a 585 on any myfico veriosn (auto, mortgage,creditcard,, O4) 
Capital One-Denied.

Should I attempt having the dealer find me financing? Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Sorry to hear. You can try financing at the dealer as they work with many lenders. How about a co-signer? That may help as well. Keep your head up

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a local credit union within your city, thats what I did. The dealership couldnt finance me with anyone. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.