Did you mean: 

Do I qualify?

tag
eonxblue
Established Member

Do I qualify?

Credit Score: Equifax only 612

Income: $30,000

Length of Employment: 7 months. I just recently moved states.

Previous Loan Experience: No previous auto loans (or any loans for that matter). Recent baddies include on 90-day late in Dec 2012 for a credit card. Two 30 days and one 60 day late before then for that same card. Two 30 day lates and one 60 day lates for a second card. Good history since then, paid everything down to zero.

Debt-to-Income (DTI): Minimal debt (less than $100 on my credit cards)

Year of Car: ~2007

Miles: ~80 or 90,000, no more than 100,000 as most auto loans require.

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months): 48 months

Down payment amount: $2,700, at least

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: Nope

Other: I am looking for a 2007 Mazda3, approximately $7500 to qualify for an auto loan. I am also looking for an auto loan that'll accept payments toward the principal. I want to borrow the least amount possible to qualify for a used auto loan, however, I have more money for a down payment than a bank/cu will accept in these conditions, I'm guessing. 

Looking over this makes me feel pretty hopeless. I hope I have options. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I qualify?

id say no, your going to have to find a co signer
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 7
eonxblue
Established Member

I'll be able to find one, was just hoping to do this on my own. Oh well.

Message 3 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I would try for Wells Fargo Dealer Services. They have been known to give subprime loans. However, be prepared to have a higher interest rate due to your CS and recent baddies. 

Co-signers generally only help with being approved for a loan and does little to nothing about the APR. I hope you find something decent!

Message 4 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I would go the dealer route.  I don't see why they wouldn't get you approved on your own.

Message 5 of 7
eonxblue
Established Member

what APR would I probably get?

Message 6 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@eonxblue wrote:

what APR would I probably get?

My bet would be 10%-15%, somehwere within that range.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.