Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I tell it all?

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Do I tell it all?

When applying for a loan they ask if there is any other source of income, I have other "income" outside of my salary, do I tell them? It says its not requred, but will this help or hurt me?

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: Do I tell it all?

@currentlywinning wrote:

When applying for a loan they ask if there is any other source of income, I have other "income" outside of my salary, do I tell them? It says its not requred, but will this help or hurt me?

If its provable I say use it.  Higher income shows the bank you have the ability to pay.  Holding back has no real advantage in this case.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 2 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thanks friend! I did tell it all. 

I also told about the medical collections I havent paid...NOT REALIZING I may have stuck my foot in my mouth as they are not reporting on all three CRA's! LOL

Oh well, I guess I will see what they say tomorrow when I go inSmiley Happy

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 6
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

Thanks friend! I did tell it all. 

I also told about the medical collections I havent paid...NOT REALIZING I may have stuck my foot in my mouth as they are not reporting on all three CRA's! LOL

Oh well, I guess I will see what they say tomorrow when I go inSmiley Happy

Don't worry.  You could tell the dealer that you repo'd five cars last month and they won't care if it doesn't show on your report.  Their only interest is to secure you financing.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 4 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

WHEW!!!! *wiping sweat from brow* thats a relief!

Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Don't worry.  You could tell the dealer that you repo'd five cars last month and they won't care if it doesn't show on your report.  Their only interest is to secure you financing.

HAHA, I almost fell out of my chair on that one!  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.