cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lenders always look at Auto Enhanced Score?

tag
Sedanbmw
Established Member

Do lenders always look at Auto Enhanced Score?

If so, that would be a good thing for me, i have a credit score ranging from all 3..591 to 621(after graduating i missed 2 payments for all of my 10 student loans..score dropped faster than a hawk after a mouse).  I am looking for a car and have a good down payment..low cc utilization, and have 2 previous cars that i have owned with no missed payments and are paid in full..do you think if i apply to my credit union, bank, or dealer that they will always use my auto loan payment history to increase auto enhanced score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Do lenders always look at Auto Enhanced Score?

Typically dealers and financing they arrange always uses auto enhanced.

Local banks/CUs like DCU sometimes do not. I know DCU probably does NOT use auto enhanced. Large lenders like BofA probably do pull auto enhanced even if you apply on their website. I still recommending getting a pre-approval before going to the dealer so he won't jerk you around on rate.

Message 2 of 7
Sedanbmw
Established Member

Thanks, my last lender was Capital One..I wonder if they would look at my good history with them and use it in my advantage.

Message 3 of 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Maybe a small lender like a local bank/CU would, but I've never heard of Cap One caring about your prior history with them. It matters in that the good cap one history is on the credit report for FICO. But I heavily doubt that Cap One weighs good history with them more than they would good history with say WF or Chase.

Message 4 of 7
binky33
Valued Member

does Capital one have lease deals?

Message 5 of 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Cap One pretty much only does purchase financing and refi'ing. Most leases (99%) are done through the captive lender for a manufacturer.

Message 6 of 7
binky33
Valued Member

Thanks!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.