cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation Needed for Auto Loan ?

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Documentation Needed for Auto Loan ?

I bought a brand new Acura last year and they didn't even want to see my paystubs (I had 2 in my purse) when I offered them.  I think it has a lot to do with your credit report and whether you had prior auto loans reporting.  I had two prior auto loans on my credit report, both paid in full and never late.  Both loans were through Toyota Financial.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Documentation Needed for Auto Loan ?

@CribDuchess wrote:

I bought a brand new Acura last year and they didn't even want to see my paystubs (I had 2 in my purse) when I offered them.  I think it has a lot to do with your credit report and whether you had prior auto loans reporting.  I had two prior auto loans on my credit report, both paid in full and never late.  Both loans were through Toyota Financial.

Yeah but you're one of the credit elite Duchess Smiley Happy.  I on the other hand purchasing a used Acura near two years ago showed up with paystubs and they took them absolutely.

@Anonymous of the earlier posts, I actually got my first car financed two decades ago with an offer letter from Microsoft when I was 19 and no other documentation beyond my 20% downpayment; however, I suspect times have changed since then but it may still happen.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.