cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital one consider your history with their CC in auto loan approval?

tag
lonerower
New Contributor

Does Capital one consider your history with their CC in auto loan approval?

I was wondering if Capital One Auto takes into consideration your credit card history with their card.  For example if you are a year and 4 months out of BK Ch13 and have a 1 year good history with a capital one unsecured credit card would this make approval on an auto loan better? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Does Capital one consider your history with their CC in auto loan approval?

All lein holders take all history into account, so if you've been responsible with your secured card then yes they will notice, but don't think your approval/denial will be based just off that, they will take all your previous history as well. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i can tell you they did not take my perfect 2 year history into account when they denied me for the gm card

Message 3 of 4
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Most large banks don't consider it special if you have a good history with them. Some do, but again many don't. Capital One doesn't care really. They'll pull your credit and go off of that. Now obviously good tradelines help, but a Cap1 good tradeline helps the same as say a Chase good tradeline.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.