Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does toyota blacklist?

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Does toyota blacklist?

Just curious. I had a ch 7 in 2008 and included a Camry with toyota financial. I've rebuilt some since then, and was told by a dealer that she "doesn't think " they blacklist, but I'm curious. She said a score above 650 will qualify, and my score is above that (656) but I'm still a little concerned. Anyone have any experience with this?
Income is about $70k, currently have one open car loan with Ally on my wife's 2014 chevy traverse.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Does toyota blacklist?

Most lenders do. If they do and you apply, they shouldn't inq your credit. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. 

Why not just apply at a local CU? They are great on auto loans.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jason0618 wrote:
Just curious. I had a ch 7 in 2008 and included a Camry with toyota financial. I've rebuilt some since then, and was told by a dealer that she "doesn't think " they blacklist, but I'm curious. She said a score above 650 will qualify, and my score is above that (656) but I'm still a little concerned. Anyone have any experience with this?
Income is about $70k, currently have one open car loan with Ally on my wife's 2014 chevy traverse.

I have not found with cars anyone does... it's just a matter of how long and current score and since you are already financing a car you might find your auto enhance to be even a bit higher and you can qualify for the 0%

Message 3 of 6
ladyvwj
New Contributor

We filed BK7 in 2009, our truck which was financed by TFS was repo'd a few months after discharged due to one late. We were able to buy and finance throught them again in 2012. So if they do blacklist, it's not for long.

Message 4 of 6
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 5 of 6
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

True. I ended up applying. Got a14.5camry
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.