Regular Contributor
jason0618

Does toyota blacklist?

Just curious. I had a ch 7 in 2008 and included a Camry with toyota financial. I've rebuilt some since then, and was told by a dealer that she "doesn't think " they blacklist, but I'm curious. She said a score above 650 will qualify, and my score is above that (656) but I'm still a little concerned. Anyone have any experience with this?
Income is about $70k, currently have one open car loan with Ally on my wife's 2014 chevy traverse.

Starting Score: 434
Current Score: 616
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU nRewards Visa $0/$1000
Barclaycard Rewards MC $0/$1300
Credit One Bank Visa $2/$300
Jared card $0/$400
Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: Does toyota blacklist?

Most lenders do. If they do and you apply, they shouldn't inq your credit. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. 

Why not just apply at a local CU? They are great on auto loans.

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

jason0618 wrote:
Just curious. I had a ch 7 in 2008 and included a Camry with toyota financial. I've rebuilt some since then, and was told by a dealer that she "doesn't think " they blacklist, but I'm curious. She said a score above 650 will qualify, and my score is above that (656) but I'm still a little concerned. Anyone have any experience with this?
Income is about $70k, currently have one open car loan with Ally on my wife's 2014 chevy traverse.

I have not found with cars anyone does... it's just a matter of how long and current score and since you are already financing a car you might find your auto enhance to be even a bit higher and you can qualify for the 0%

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
New Contributor
ladyvwj

We filed BK7 in 2009, our truck which was financed by TFS was repo'd a few months after discharged due to one late. We were able to buy and finance throught them again in 2012. So if they do blacklist, it's not for long.

Frequent Contributor
lajntx

[ Edited ]

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Regular Contributor
jason0618

True. I ended up applying. Got a14.5camry

Starting Score: 434
Current Score: 616
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU nRewards Visa $0/$1000
Barclaycard Rewards MC $0/$1300
Credit One Bank Visa $2/$300
Jared card $0/$400

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+