Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Down Payment

OK so I have crappy credit. In the 590-610 range. Im looking to buy a MB 350 for 36k. I have a low debt to income ratio. But I Have one thing going for me I have cash about 15k worth. So does this tip the scale for a approval. Loose like the bank wins either way.
NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Down Payment

@dodgeball wrote:
OK so I have crappy credit. In the 590-610 range. Im looking to buy a MB 350 for 36k. I have a low debt to income ratio. But I Have one thing going for me I have cash about 15k worth. So does this tip the scale for a approval. Loose like the bank wins either way.

It's what will get you approved (the high downpayment).  Your APR will likely still be ugly, but you'll get someone willing to finance it even with those scores.  Like you say, even if you flake in the first three years, they still win: it's about as close to no-risk as any lender can get as the loan is secured against the vechicle's title anyway.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.