vcanizal

Duration of Employment

Right now I have a 2001 Honda Accord sitting in my backyard. It's been there for 3 years now. It needs a new transmission (easily 2K). I don't know if I should sink in the money to get it fixed or get try to get financing from a Credit Union or bank for a used car (no more than 11K) I have a full time job, work 40 hrs a week, make 1400 after taxes. I live with my parents, so no real expenses.

TransUnion says my score is 693 and Experian says its 656. I worry that my time at my current employer isn't favorable (its only been 3 weeks since I was hired.)  Currently i walk to the train station and take the train. I am not looking forward to the summer time because I live in Texas. So I was wanting to make a decision and hoping fix up the car/buy a car by then. With my combination of scores and time of employment, which may be easier or better? (considering I was end up having transmission issues in the future)

Advice?

New Contributor
Project17

Re: Duration of Employment

Any previous auto loans?
vcanizal

Nope.

New Contributor
Project17

You could try a CU first if they offer a first time buyers program but you will probably have more luck at the dealer.. You will get approved but will probably have a high interest rate in the teens..

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+