cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(EDIT) New vehicle sooner than we thought...

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

(EDIT) New vehicle sooner than we thought...

The Credit Union I was able to join recently said they would do 10.99% interest for anything older than 2010 and with my credit profile they would likely only give me a $10-15k loan to start with.  I had high hopes for something better than that.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No new vehicle for us any time soon.

@Shellie wrote:

The Credit Union I was able to join recently said they would do 10.99% interest for anything older than 2010 and with my credit profile they would likely only give me a $10-15k loan to start with.  I had high hopes for something better than that.

If you want new, you can probably do better at the actual dealership. with 650+ you could get tier 2-3 with toyota, nissan, infiniti, chevy, well tons of them which would get you close to best rate to finance or lease!

Message 2 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I can't afford a brand new vehicle.  I was wanting to stay in the $350-450/mo payment range.  I should have clarified 'new to us', sorry.

Message 3 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I can't afford a brand new vehicle.  I was wanting to stay in the $350-450/mo payment range.  I should have clarified 'new to us', sorry.

you want to buy not lease?

My 2013 Infiniti G37 was $380 AFTER tax a month

our 2013 Kia Optima EX every option is $296 after taxes a month.

$450 buys a LOT OF CAR!

Hyundai does .9-1.9% for 72 months, you could basically spend just over $30k a year and stay under $450/month!!!

if you have an iphone, download the free app EZ lon calc. (it's designed for mortgage I think but it works fantastic to see what purchase price, term, and apr makes your payment... will really help you figure out how much you want to spend... look around at the car manufacture sites at what they are offering for best apr terms... some will even show you tier 1 = .9, tier 2 = 1.9, tier 3 = 3.9 (Hyundai) is like that

Message 4 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

We need a heavy duty pickup capable of pulling a camper trailer.  I'm not a car person anyways tho.  Thanks tho

Message 5 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

We need a heavy duty pickup capable of pulling a camper trailer.  I'm not a car person anyways tho.  Thanks tho

F-150 start at $25k and they have 2013 for 1.9% for 72 months

F-250 has 3.9% for 72 months... 

I don't know where you live or what options etc. you want but id do some more looking around then your credit union. and i only quickly looked at brand new, i would assume tons of these around 2-3 years old and most like ford offer special apr's on the used too!

Message 6 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

PowerStrokes that are only a couple years old can be $40-50k still.  I was looking around the 08-10 years.  We haven't decided fully on our plan.  I just called the CU today and asked them some questions based on the report they pulled last month.  According to her there is nothing I can do but sit and wait because I have too many new accounts that are less than 1 yr old.  

Message 7 of 41
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

What kind of actual pulling are you wanting to do? A powerstroke seems like it would be over kill unless you were pulling a rather large 5th wheel. Right now, Ford Credit is probably your best option on a certified used truck - or a new one that`s been sitting too long with a ton of hidden rebates. 

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 8 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

If your EQ FICO is north of 650, expand your horizons beyond your credit union. Ford will definitely finance you. But before going directly to Ford, try DCU.

What's your pre-tax income look like though?

Also for those medical collections that don't accept PFD's have you tried the hippa process unless you have already? Google "hipaa whychat program guide" (without the quotes) and click on the first link (the first link that is not a google advertisment that is). Follow the process exactly and they should go away.

Message 9 of 41
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I just got a new car in March (2014 corolla s) and I was approved by Wells Fargo with 2k down and a repo on my report from 2012. Monthly payments just north of the $300. They financed $17100 and change (don't quote me on the exact number). 9.99%. Not the greatest, but in a year, I'll be able to get it refinanced at much better rates. 

Edit: the dealership submitted the financing. 

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.