Frequent Contributor
phillyguy12

Early payoff

I got a new car back in 11 I was shocked when I qualified for promo financing cause my reg fico was only around 660,but auto enhanced was 719, 2 past auto loans 1  with 2  30 day lates,  so I took the promo rate of 0.9% for 5 yrs.  Anyone know if paying an auto loan off early has any neg effect on auto enhanced fico or does it help it, or no effect, because I am considering paying it off in the next yr or 2 but have 3 yrs remaining. I know there is no prepayment penalty i plan on keeping the car for awhile but don't want to hut my chances at future promo financing rates. i would just like to not have a car payment sooner rather than later

Amx BCE-9000,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-5600
Credit Union Visa-1200
Discover-1900, Khols-1000
Valued Contributor
p-

Re: Early payoff

phillyguy12 wrote:

I got a new car back in 11 I was shocked when I qualified for promo financing cause my reg fico was only around 660,but auto enhanced was 719, 2 past auto loans 1  with 2  30 day lates,  so I took the promo rate of 0.9% for 5 yrs.  Anyone know if paying an auto loan off early has any neg effect on auto enhanced fico or does it help it, or no effect, because I am considering paying it off in the next yr or 2 but have 3 yrs remaining. I know there is no prepayment penalty i plan on keeping the car for awhile but don't want to hut my chances at future promo financing rates. i would just like to not have a car payment sooner rather than later

Pay it off, you'll be fine.  Then sock away the money towards a down payment.  Also, see what you can do to get in with Penfed.

8-12-14: FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739 - AVG: 757 - +207 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}