Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early payoff

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Early payoff

I got a new car back in 11 I was shocked when I qualified for promo financing cause my reg fico was only around 660,but auto enhanced was 719, 2 past auto loans 1  with 2  30 day lates,  so I took the promo rate of 0.9% for 5 yrs.  Anyone know if paying an auto loan off early has any neg effect on auto enhanced fico or does it help it, or no effect, because I am considering paying it off in the next yr or 2 but have 3 yrs remaining. I know there is no prepayment penalty i plan on keeping the car for awhile but don't want to hut my chances at future promo financing rates. i would just like to not have a car payment sooner rather than later

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Early payoff

@phillyguy12 wrote:

I got a new car back in 11 I was shocked when I qualified for promo financing cause my reg fico was only around 660,but auto enhanced was 719, 2 past auto loans 1  with 2  30 day lates,  so I took the promo rate of 0.9% for 5 yrs.  Anyone know if paying an auto loan off early has any neg effect on auto enhanced fico or does it help it, or no effect, because I am considering paying it off in the next yr or 2 but have 3 yrs remaining. I know there is no prepayment penalty i plan on keeping the car for awhile but don't want to hut my chances at future promo financing rates. i would just like to not have a car payment sooner rather than later

Pay it off, you'll be fine.  Then sock away the money towards a down payment.  Also, see what you can do to get in with Penfed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.