cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even Roadloans.com denied me

tag
Sednique21

Even Roadloans.com denied me

My credit sucks thanks to me being dumb and irresponsible. I think my scores are 526 495 and 515 the last time I checked. I'm trying to find a vehicle and thanks to my credit that's hard to do. I'm trying to repair my credit and even had some things removed from my reports but it's taking forever. With no co signer or much to put down where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

Re: Even Roadloans.com denied me

Rebuilding your score takes time unfortunately. What kind of credit do you currently have, and in what state is it? (eg lines of credit, utilization, etc.)

$1250                $4000              $15,000            $11,000         $1000(secured)      CLOSED!                  $5000        2.65%:
Starting Score: 0 (03/01/13) &Current Score: TU FICO 791 CK755 CS747 QZ747 &Goal Score: 750 new goal:800 garden since 03/21/14
Message 2 of 18
Sednique21

Nothing at this point. I've tried credit cards but got turned down for some.

Message 3 of 18
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

Tried getting some secured credit cards? Without any credit lines it will be difficult to improve your scores, and if you can't prove you can handle small amounts of credit, they will never give you a large loan for a car.

Suggest you read some of the rebuilding stories here to get you on your way.

$1250                $4000              $15,000            $11,000         $1000(secured)      CLOSED!                  $5000        2.65%:
Starting Score: 0 (03/01/13) &Current Score: TU FICO 791 CK755 CS747 QZ747 &Goal Score: 750 new goal:800 garden since 03/21/14
Message 4 of 18
Sednique21

I'm currently looking at some right now. I read the desion letters from Roadloans.com and it said I was denied due to duplicate applications. I guess some other places behind me went in and put some in with them also.

Message 5 of 18
srchick
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately in trying to rebuild you're probably going to have to do a small secured card to get you started so it can begin reporting to the 3 bureaus.  Can you pull $200-$300 together? Then contact Credit One Bank for a card (they're online).  I know it might seem hopeless, but the journey begins with the first step.  Most importantly, don't give up, scores will rise if you are persistent.  All of the people on these forums can attest to that.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 6 of 18
Bdj1
Valued Member

I had bad credit when I was young. fixed it.  Then went cold turkey and didn't use credit thinking that would help.  I then found out I couldn't get credit because I didn't have credit. lol.  Secured card here I come.  Then 18 months later got three real cards.  Now I have an assortment of cards to use in different occasions.

So, I would suggest to get a secured card.  Look around for the lowest fees for said card.  Try and dispute the information on your report that is incorrect.  If it's older, they may just let it slide off.  Then keep it moving.  Watch what you do and after 18 months try again.

16k7.8k7.5k1.75k13.5k4k8001k5k12.9k8k

Message 7 of 18
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

@srchick wrote:

Unfortunately in trying to rebuild you're probably going to have to do a small secured card to get you started so it can begin reporting to the 3 bureaus.  Can you pull $200-$300 together? Then contact Credit One Bank for a card (they're online).  I know it might seem hopeless, but the journey begins with the first step.  Most importantly, don't give up, scores will rise if you are persistent.  All of the people on these forums can attest to that.

I would avoid Credit One if you can, as they are one of the few card issuers that actually start charging interest as soon as you make a purchase. I would look into Capital One, BoA or maybe a credit union? Only if they all deny you, would I consider going to Credit One.

Message 8 of 18
Remember0
Valued Contributor

It may report as a secured card (conflicting info on their website and reviews online), but OpenSky is also a decent option these days. Unlike Capital One or BofA, you won't be denied a secured card at OpenSky.Further OpenSky will not run a hard inquiry.

The real issue here as pointed out is lack of positive tradelines. Get 2-3 secured cards, wait 3 months, then you'll most likely be approved. And start learning about how to attack the baddies on your report through various dispute processes (jack attack, whychat for medical collections, etc...)

Message 9 of 18
Sednique21

I tried credit one and even they denied me lol. I'm going to look into Opensky and Boa.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.