Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex. 676, DCU wants 675 ??

tag
anewme35
Valued Member

Ex. 676, DCU wants 675 ??

In the market for an auto loan.  When my credit is pulled is it likely that my CS will drop immediately due to the inquiry?   My concern is that I'm on the fence with being  only 1 point above their minimum for their prime rate.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Ex. 676, DCU wants 675 ??

If the inquiry is for an auto loan then it shouldn't immediately affect your score  Understand that wherever you are getting your EX score from (even here at My Fico) DCU is likely to pull a different version and it may be slightly higher or lower. In any event you can always talk to them after they pull your report and see what can be done to get you to the best rate. Often if things are close as far as score a financial institution can find "compensating factors" to sweeten an offer.

I have no personal experience with DCU so I don't know if they are sticklers with no leeway. But another member who does will certainly see this post and comment. DCU has a lot of fans in these forums.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.