cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako way lower than Fico? (Could I put down a lower DP?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fako way lower than Fico? (Could I put down a lower DP?)

I'm so confused.

I had been waiting to buy the myfico until I was ready to finance a car for a first time  .

My Fako scores are pretty awful

Capital One  and Credit Karma - > 664

Credit Sesame - > 623

... but they used to be a lot worse. small collections that I could not track down, idenity theft not worth hiring a lawyer, chasing my student loans as they got sold from place to place, never owning a credit card till I was 30. I knew rebuilding credit takes time.  I don't desperately need for a car, I can get to work and around with public transit so there was no rush.  

My plan to combat my awful credit was to put down a higher down payment on a reasonable late model used car. 30-40% down on a car that costs no more than 15K.  Like a 2010-2015 Honda Civic. My take home is 3800/ month. My rent is $610 and going down to $350 when I move into the house of my fiancé next year. 

Everybody says those Fakos are inflated. So I held my breath to see what myFico would tell me.

Equifax 705

TU 727

Experian 731

The lowest score in the report was the mortgage fico 2 (683). My "auto scores" Fico 8 and 2 were 735 and 709 respectively. Okay, not amazingly good but not in the realm of  credit I was expecting.  

So now my question is this, should I still offer up 30-40%? or would 25% be okay? I'm planning on financing through my local federal credit union

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Fako way lower than Fico? (Could I put down a lower DP?)

Not inflated, Just different.

vbnm.jpg

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fako way lower than Fico? (Could I put down a lower DP?)

Ok, good to know. I thought the Fako was usually one of the many Fico scores but seems that 620-ish was their own formula

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.