cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 8 Auto Score

tag
latexyankee

Fico 8 Auto Score

Is it worth it to purchase the Fico 8 Auto score? I am applying for a lease in a few weeks and they pull transunion. I see my fico daily since I'm suscribed to score watch but that is based on Equifax.

I also have some big payments about to report which should boost my score by 20pts. Is it same to assume that once score watch alerts me that all 3 CRA's have been updated? I want to make sure my transunion shows the updated balances as they are going from maxed out to zero.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
latexyankee

Re: Fico 8 Auto Score

shameless bump

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience TU and EX are much faster at reporting than EQ.  In fact I recently paid down the balance on a couple credit cards, TU and EX updated within days and EQ is yet to update.  I believe the information was sent  2/23. So if EQ has updated it's *almost* safe to say that the others have too.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Can check for bureau updates from CK; if CK has it in their data, it's updated successfully on the bureau end though it's a 1 week snapshot.

I think for peace of mind getting your full score list and seeing your auto scores isn't a bad idea when it comes to auto lending, and it's pretty much mandatory for mortgage chasing... being surprised well and truly sucks and it shortcuts so much if you know within reason what you're walking into the dealer with.  Vis a vis when I financed my car, the salesperson darn near tiptoed back into the room as she was afraid to give me my score (EX 551 on the score sheet), only question I had was whether it was Auto Enhanced, she said yes, and I said no problem let's do this, but I knew I was sub 600 anyway (see starting scores in my siggy) so this wasn't a surprise to me and wasn't a big deal... apparently to the great shock of the salesperson who was expecting some sort of anger or screaming fit or something.  She was rather speechless for a full minute haha, was pretty funny.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.