Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bank Loan Approval with 649 EQ

tag
jarodmt
Established Member

Fifth Third Bank Loan Approval with 649 EQ

Got approved yesterday for a 2012 Chevy Cruze for a total of $19k. As expected, interest rate out the roof (almost 13%), so I'm hoping to refinance here in the next six months. However, my biggest issue right now is HOLY SHIZ... they tried SIX different banks for financing without me knowing ... They told me ONE soft pull for my credit score that they would give a number to their financers. What the heck do I do now?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Bank Loan Approval with 649 EQ

It will count as a single pull.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 4
jarodmt
Established Member

I checked my Experian, Transunion and Equifax this morning. TEN pulls on Equifax, four on experian and Transunion... All those will be condensed to one even though I also see the dealership as one on Transunion (who I asked them to pull from.)

Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Assuming they are all coded as auto loan pulls then each bureau will count the multiple inquiries on it's report as one inquiry for FICO scoring purposes. When another report is pulled either by you for review or by a lender for an extension of credit then all of the inquiries are still showing as individual inquiries. It then becomes necessary at times to explain that the multiple inquiries on a single date were for an auto loan.

The individual inquiries will remain visible on the report for two years but FICO only scores inquiries for one year. It is important to understand the distinctions between how the inquiries appear and how they are considered for scoring purposes.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.