Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally approved after many tries.....BUT

tag
kenduc
Established Member

Re: Finally approved after many tries.....BUT

@lajntx thats a good idea. I didnt know that, im in NY so i should be able to find me a dealer. Thanks

Message 11 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@kenduc wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2. I actually only have 1 baddies, thats getting resolved now & and a school loan i have NEVER made payments towards for 5yrs(Lol). Im working on both but thanks for the advice

^^I think that is the issue. An auto loan is an installment loan. A school loan is an installment loan. So when looking at your installment loan history they see you haven't made payments.

You can most likely rehab the school loan so that it won't interfere for the next time...

Message 12 of 14
mrjesterr7

I had similar experience and will share short story...

3 years ago I was in a bind for a car... the car I had at the time which I paid Chase off at 24% interest for 5 years had major engine problems about 6 months after it was paid off. In the 5 years I was NEVER late and paid it off....

When that car was paid off 3 years ago and died, I went to a big Chevy dealer thinking that previous car history would get me a good loan... NOPE

Chase financed me a used certified car with 30,000 miles but at 23% interest !!!

The car lot promised to help me refinance or get into a better car after 2 years of payments... ya right, never believe that!!

They would not touch me... too upside down cause almost all the payments went towards interest!

Never trust that line of garbage!

Have made 3 years of payments with chase and have yet to miss a payment or be late... all on time...

Last week I get a pre-approval from same dealer from roadloans at 13%....

Wasnt really looking but thought hmmmm a chance to go from 23% to 13.. wth might as well try...

Went to dealer and same run around and offer at 20% ... left running and told them no way on earth.

Went next door to Jeep dealer which accepts roadloans...

Come to find out the dealer does not like to take roadloans becuase of some hidden dealer fees... so they worked extra hard and got me financed on a brand new jeep at 9.9%

I know that is very high for some but compared to 23% I am excited and it has 7 years 100,000 extended warranty!!

My experience this last weekend... get pre approved at roadloans and find a participating dealer... walk in with pre-approval and let them find a better rate in house with ford, chrysler, ect ect... worked for me anyway... everyone's experience is different.

Message 13 of 14
kenduc
Established Member

@mrjesterr7 9.9% Damn sure sounds a whole lot better then 23% lol.A few people mentioned Roadloans to me, I figure i give it a shot. Congrats on ya deal.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.