Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financing a camaro

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Financing a camaro

Im having trouble trying to finance a 2013 camaro. My credit score is a 727 and I have good pay history. But I only jad one financing on my credit report of 7k. And they wouldnt finance me even with my credit score. What should I do to get this car and how should I convince them that I am loyal and committed.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
peacocks27

Re: Financing a camaro

Are you sure it's your credit? It might be your income. 

Gardening as of 2.8.13 hopefully for a year. If not, at least 6 months. I can do this, I know I can.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im make 41000k a year. The dealership said I make good money. But its up to the lenders. They will give me the car at 575 a month. If the lenders approve me.But I only had one thing ever ffinanced but I thought credit would have a big say so.
Message 3 of 7
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Even though you have a 700+ score you really don't have any credit or installment loan history. Score isn't everything. Lenders want to see how you've paid bills in the past. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's looking like im going to have to find a co-signer. But my salesman said it may go through if thought he knows ohter ways to get it financed. If nothing works it looks like I have to get more installments and pay off quickly
Message 5 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Credit score isn't everything.  You have what's known as a thin file.  Your score is good but there isn't much history there to gauge your likeliness to repay.  Good Luck.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@boomhower wrote:

Credit score isn't everything.  You have what's known as a thin file.  Your score is good but there isn't much history there to gauge your likeliness to repay.  Good Luck.

I like this answer.  In your case it's not what's on your credit report, but what's not on it.  It's not all about scores.  You will need to build a nice healthy credit profile.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.