Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financing a car with bad credit

tag
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Financing a car with bad credit

I have a credit rating of 617 (TU) and I desperately need a car. The car I'm driving now is 13 years old  making all kinds of weird noises and leaking power steering all over the place. I don't really want to pour money into it and I'm looking at buying something used. Is it possible to get financing with such credit score? I have steady income, the car I'm financing would cost around $17-19k. I have 2 charge off's and 19k in debt.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Financing a car with bad credit

@gsxr600k6 wrote:

I have a credit rating of 617 (TU) and I desperately need a car. The car I'm driving now is 13 years old  making all kinds of weird noises and leaking power steering all over the place. I don't really want to pour money into it and I'm looking at buying something used. Is it possible to get financing with such credit score? I have steady income, the car I'm financing would cost around $17-19k. I have 2 charge off's and 19k in debt.

It is possible but you are most likely going to have to go to a CU they are move forgiving, the age of those COs may be a factor, I would be paying down as much as you can on your CCs in order to raise your score prior to apping.

Message 2 of 6
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Do you recommend any good CU's? I keep hearing about DCU. 

Message 3 of 6
Remember0
Valued Contributor

What are your FICO scores like? And what bureau are they from?

Message 4 of 6
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

My TU shows 617 not sure about the rest.

Message 5 of 6
spike69
Frequent Contributor

DCU pulls EQ so if you are looking at them for a loan you will want to know what that score is.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.