Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Auto Buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Auto Buyer

I would love some advice on financing a car for the first time. I have an EQ Fico score of (758), a TU Fico score of (708) and an EX Fako Plus score of (767).  My report is as follows:

CAP1 (Secured) Limit $300 (Opened Feb 2012) - Owe $45

CompassBank Visa (Unsecured) Limit $14,000 (Opened July 2012) - Owe $300

CitiBank (AU Holder) (Unsecured) Limit $12,500 (Opened in Jan 2011) - Owe $500

I also have two closed Chase credit cards from 2005 that were closed in good standing,  no late payments. I have no baddies or late payments on my report.

MY AAoA is 4.2 years according to Experian.

My income is $35,000 and I have been at my current job for almost 4 years. I don't belong to any CU and I was thinking about getting a 2010 Nissan Rogue for around $16,000 with $1500-$2000 down. Do you think I'll get financed with a decent rate?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
hunter399
New Contributor

Re: First Time Auto Buyer

Its a tough deal without prior auto, but you may get lucky and have a computer auto approve it, with your higher credit limits. 

Depending on where you live, 1500,2000 down barely covers tax/reg on the car, so you're not in an automatic equity situation. I would suggest more money down for the best shot at an auto approve. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.