Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Auto Loan. Self Employed. FICO 770+

tag
EventHorizon

Re: First Time Auto Loan. Self Employed. FICO 770+

@Remember0 wrote:

EventHorizon, do you have personal tax returns that show a income for the last two years? It doesn't matter that you have a new business and that the entity has no returns. Honestly if you have personal returns for the 2013 + 2012 tax years that show income (from like any source really), you'll have no issues with income verification.

I do have personal tax records for 2013 and 2012. So they won't care that the income earned in my tax returns is no longer relevant to my current source of income? If that's the case then I guess it'll be okay.

Message 11 of 14
Remember0
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't like spell it out to them, just submit the tax docs if they ask for income verification. As long as you don't act like it's some big deal, I don't think they're going to care one bit. Besides what you'd submit is just the 1040s, not all the schedules. So all they see is literally the 2 pages that your 1040 is on.

You're fine: Apply to a big bank like BofA (where they probably won't even bother given your score) or State Farm (where they might want to see the tax forms as Explicit mentioned).

Message 12 of 14
EventHorizon

Thank you for the suggestions. Would I have a hard time applying at credit unions? Is it even worth trying?

Message 13 of 14
Remember0
Valued Contributor

You can try CUs if you want. But BofA's top rate is like 2.49% or so. CUs won't be much lower and you should know underwriting at CUs is often harder (ie income verification). Though like I said, your personal 1040s will work, so I wouldn't worry about it. Feel free to try a CU if you like them better.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.