Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Buyer.. GLAD its OVER!

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: First Time Buyer.. GLAD its OVER!

Yea dealerships will do whatever they can to make money off you if they know they can get away with it. I wouldn't feel bad though, I went through a similar situation when I was 21. Nobodies perfect. We all make mistakes. I normally don't recommend someone so young buying a new car but if it is done that way its best to do it while you're young.

You're 18 now. In 10 years you'll be 28 and hopefully you'll be in a great financial position to where this small mistake would seem meaningless. Congrats on your purchase though.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 11 of 13
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

The silver lining to this is that you now will have history with Honda Finance.

Keep the payments up until you refinance and you will be likely to get better terms with them as your credit profile matures if you ever want to get another Honda in the long run.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 12 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As someone mentioned earlier remove and extended warranty, tire and wheel and GAP if possible as he stated so the finance person that jerked you around isn't sitting quite as pretty.. Grats on the new car and enjoy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.