cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Buyer with Ford Motor Credit?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: First Time Buyer with Ford Motor Credit?

Credit Check Total $1 trial for 1 week, then cancel if you are broke. There is plenty if info on this forum. They will give you all 3 Fico 08' scores. Otherwise you can pay $25 per month for 1 report (per year) and score/CR change alerts here. <----- I had both for years, I kept myFICO's product, grandfathered in at $19.95/mo.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Looked up PenFed and I waxms wondering if since it's a CU will it work anywhere with any dealer?

I just recently got approved from PenFed.. They approved me for 33K at 7.7% APR.

Just gotta go to the dealership get the final order and send to them and they will take care of it.

Was told I might even get a lower APR if the car I wanted is lower than the approved loan.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Motor Credit hands out money like candy on halloween.

They approved me with very thin credit history (scores in the 660s or 670s as I recall), and no proof of income (a brand new business I had just started), right after I graduated grad school with about 60k in student loans (all deferred at the time, so I wasn't even in repayment yet). 

I drove off the lot in a brand new car in 2014, with no money down and 0% APR.

I wouldn't worry at all if I were in your shoes.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if you have to buy from a Ford dealership or is any dealer fine for FMC?
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has to be a Ford dealer. That's why they give the preferential terms - it's a subsidy for Ford Motor Company and its franchisees by a captive lender (FMC). Not generally available to anyone.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I'd update: I'm still waiting. This is pretty unfortunate because my convertible just keeps getting worse. Last night it even idled at work for an hour just to defrost the inside of the window.

That said Experian and Transunion have updated. My Experian score jumped to a 720 and and Transunion to 722. Equifax still says 613, which is a pretty big bummer since they seem to be the most popular bureau for lenders to pull. Discover reported either last Friday or this Monday. I'm hoping they will update by Monday so I can get the ball rolling!
Message 16 of 27
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just thought I'd update: I'm still waiting. This is pretty unfortunate because my convertible just keeps getting worse. Last night it even idled at work for an hour just to defrost the inside of the window.

That said Experian and Transunion have updated. My Experian score jumped to a 720 and and Transunion to 722. Equifax still says 613, which is a pretty big bummer since they seem to be the most popular bureau for lenders to pull. Discover reported either last Friday or this Monday. I'm hoping they will update by Monday so I can get the ball rolling!

Hey OP, what state are you located in? More often than not you can find which lenders pull what credit bureau in your area.

I'm In California, and It's almost All Experian dominated credit pulls.  

With your Transunion and Experian both firmly in the 700's, you shouldn't have any issues finding favorable financing. 

On a different note, if all three of your scores are indeed true Fico scores, I would get a full copy of your Equifax credit report. With that much discrepancy between them and your other 2 reports, I would suspect that something is amiss with your Equifax.  

Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 17 of 27
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has to be a Ford dealer. That's why they give the preferential terms - it's a subsidy for Ford Motor Company and its franchisees by a captive lender (FMC). Not generally available to anyone.

Agreed that it has to be a Ford dealer, but it doesn't have to be a Ford brand vehicle. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Montana, not sure what they pull here but I always hear Experian just about everywhere.

There is a discrepancy in that Equifax hasn't yet reported my significantly lower utilization yet. I've contacted them on this. The two other scores are straight from Experian and Transunion.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright. I just pulled my 3B. Scores are:
EQ: 734 TU: 737 EX: 721
Auto 08: 708
Auto 09: 740

I think I might try to apply to this afternoon when I'm off work!
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.