Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First payment to Santander consumer

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

First payment to Santander consumer

Gave my first payment via debit card to Santander earlier today, around 7:30 pm, payment was 535 I paid 550, plus a 10 dollar western union fee for debit card... Payment is due on the 25th, is my payment good? I heard they have "funny" posting times?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: First payment to Santander consumer

Message 2 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

yes
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm going to req this to be moved go Auto Loans.

I'm sure you'll get more help.
Message 4 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I just realized it was in credit cards, my apologies
Message 5 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 14
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

You shouldn't have any problem since you sent it two days ahead. I think where most people have problems is when they send it on the last day or mail it too late to get there. Then they can also forget that there is a late fee, etc. and the problem compounds the next month. Just hold onto your Western Union receipt until you see the payment credited on the account. Or you could just scan it into your computer and keep a running tally of all your receipts in the event there ever is a discrepancy.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree that you should be fine since you payed that way ~ paying by mail can lead to late fees if delayed or if mail is received later in the day, etc...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 14
SemperGumby
Contributor

I have Santander right now.  You'll be fine.

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

When you use the payment service to use a debit card I think they allow you to pay same day up until like 7pm or something like that.... I have had Santander in the past and have missed the payment by a week or more... and paid via the credit card thing like you did and it was just fine... didn't even have late fees or anything...

I have had 2 loans with them and I really have not had issues as many have... I even had a loan way back that went road loans to them and yes it was reported messed up but was able to get it fixed with a lady at santander.

if i have ever gotten a bad egg, that thought she could run the conversation and intimitate me I eventually realized she thought she could do as she wanted because she probably did with others and hung up and called back and got someone that knew the laws and it was fine... they are not bad... if you need them! (interest can be high)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.