Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First solo purchase - have question

tag
lmbebo

First solo purchase - have question

Hi,

So I'm moving out of NYC and will be needing a car this June.  From reading some posts, my score may not matter that much (Experian at 747 with some hard pulls thanks to verizon (3x), a credit card that I didn't sign up for and other stuff).  I purchased a car with my father about 14 years ago, but the car was paid for by him.  The car was registered in my name. 

I don't have any credit card debt (I pay those balances off every month).   Only debt I have are school loans.  I've been in a medical resident for the past 5 years with a fellowship this summer (so 5 years of employment history) with a garunteed income for next year. 

I was looking to purchase a VW, but would want the 0.9% financing rate.  Would I have problems qualifying for such a loan since I've never technically had a car loan before?  Will they give me trouble?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jrands
Regular Contributor

Re: First solo purchase - have question

Hello. I can't really answer your question, but you should look check with UpNComing who is actually a VW sales manager. He started this thread which has been really helpful. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/I-can-help-I-manage-a-car-dealership/td-p/1234285/page/59

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.