codax85

First time auto loan

So, I have decent enough credit (all 3 reports over 750 FICO). I have 3 credit cards in my name, with total credit limit of 13500 and I only have around 3-5% util at any given time (I pay in full every month). All my cards (1 cap one, 1 AMEX and 1 BoA) have flawless history, but are only around 2 years old. Apart from that, I only have an AU account on a credit card that is around 4-5 yrs old and without reported limit (VISA signature card) that also is spotless.
Therefore, no installment history to speak of, and my wife is in the same boat, just a couple of credit cards with no baddies. Our combined income is around 85k/yr and have no debt, just 1450 rent and that's about it. We need however to add a second car, is it realistic for us to expect an approval at a decent rate for a 30k MSRP car, or since we have no installment history is this out of the question? I should add that we plan on putting down around 15-20% downpayment on the car we decide to get, so that should help...

Thanks for your help!

Established Contributor
TrishN

Re: First time auto loan

Contact DCU( you guy have NPto get APR1.99 to 6.99)And with 15-20% down payment 99% digital credit union(DCU) with finance you and your wife with that rate 

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Re: First time auto loan

codax85 wrote:

So, I have decent enough credit (all 3 reports over 750 FICO). I have 3 credit cards in my name, with total credit limit of 13500 and I only have around 3-5% util at any given time (I pay in full every month). All my cards (1 cap one, 1 AMEX and 1 BoA) have flawless history, but are only around 2 years old. Apart from that, I only have an AU account on a credit card that is around 4-5 yrs old and without reported limit (VISA signature card) that also is spotless.
Therefore, no installment history to speak of, and my wife is in the same boat, just a couple of credit cards with no baddies. Our combined income is around 85k/yr and have no debt, just 1450 rent and that's about it. We need however to add a second car, is it realistic for us to expect an approval at a decent rate for a 30k MSRP car, or since we have no installment history is this out of the question? I should add that we plan on putting down around 15-20% downpayment on the car we decide to get, so that should help...

Thanks for your help!

Idk.  And I also don't know what decent means to you.

But from my experience, I've always heard that getting a car is usually easier than getting a CC.

I don't doubt that you will be able to get the car and i doubt that you will get a rate that is above 10%.

Check with many lenders to find the best rate if you aren't happy with the first rate quoted.

Cuz even if you don't get a decent rate, you can always refi a few months to a 1 yr out once you have estabilisheed payment history on the note.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+