Established Contributor
Rackham94

First time auto loan

I want to purchase a used car 2010 listing around 15k KBB 13k 

I can pay cash I want to establish auto loan history for the future. 

How do Used Car Loans work? typically higher interest rates lower terms but

will bank give me cash or a check i can give to the guy selling it (Private Party only)

19 year old

employed for 3 years at major telecommunications company fortune 500 

50k income 

renting 

701 TU Fico ( bank only pulls TU)

1.5 years of credit history ( 7 revolving CCs 2 student loans)

Senior Contributor
fishbjc

Re: First time auto loan

we purchased a certified pre-owned for 3.9% interest.  According to Ford Dealer, they're interested in CAN YOU AFFORD THE CAR?  No repo's, no bk......shouldn't be a problem for you there.

Established Contributor
Rackham94

No repo no bk no write offs nice what were your scores like approval for a rate like that
Established Contributor
Rackham94

New acct has hit 657 tu FIco offered 12k loan with 7.5% interest should I do it
Established Contributor
Rackham94

Bump
Valued Contributor
Dustink

If KBB is 13 why do you want to pay 15?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
Rackham94

Sorry I meant to post that they're 2 different vehicles for sale listing one 13k one 15k

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Generally, if you don't need a loan. It is very easy to get a loan. 

You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a loan. Just be willing to put a lot down. Don't take a high rate. It is not worth paying the interest just to build the history. You could do a cash secured loan at 2% and have a similiar effect.

You will also still get positive history if you pay the auto loan of early. Say the best they can do is 5% interest. Take the loan and pay off 90% of the loan soon after. Then make small payments. It will still show good history and you will pay less interest.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
Rackham94

Can you explain secured loan how do. Do that
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Many financial institutions will loan you money against a savings or CD account you have with them. If you put $2000 in savings and borrow $2000 then they will 'freeze" your savings as collateral and release it as the loan is paid back. Often they will do this at a very low premium to the deposit interest paid. If they are paying 1% on the savings account the loan may only be at 3% interest. This is just an example and you would need to check with your financial institution to see. A lot of credit unions offer this type of loan. It is good for building installment loan history on your credit report.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+