Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time buyer

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

First time buyer

My car is breaking down and now am thinking if I should get a new car... I am currently rebuilding and I was wondering if I have a shot to get approved for a car loan with a couple of derogatories on my reports, 7 new accounts this yr and 10 inquiries on each report all from this yr too!!!! ... Am tired of gettin my car fixed every few months Smiley Frustrated... @ the same time, I don't wanna get into something am not ready for... Util is @ 11% ... Will get to 20% in the next two weeks.. Income is $50k .. Am lookin @ a $25-$30k car.... Any thoughts?

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: First time buyer

@kobe2012 wrote:

@Anonymous car is breaking down and now am thinking if I should get a new car... I am currently rebuilding and I was wondering if I have a shot to get approved for a car loan with a couple of derogatories on my reports, 7 new accounts this yr and 10 inquiries on each report all from this yr too!!!! ... Am tired of gettin my car fixed every few months Smiley Frustrated... @ the same time, I don't wanna get into something am not ready for... Util is @ 11% ... Will get to 20% in the next two weeks.. Income is $50k .. Am lookin @ a $25-$30k car.... Any thoughts?

My first thought is why buy a new car? 

My next thought is how much are you willing to put down?

Just a basic idea, if you are financing 20k at a low interest rate of 3.99 since your credit is not perfect your payments would be around 400 a month. This is not an exact figure just a simple idea of an approximation. 

Depending on what your UTIL is based on assuming all inclusive of rent and or mortgage payments included, electric, water, gas, phone, cell phone, gas, insurances ( which will increase with new car purchase) , fuel, and all other small miscellaneous things, you may find it difficult to have that additional car payment. 

It can be done but at times it will feel like a major burden, especially when something comes up that will cost more money in an emergency type of situation.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.