Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Financial

I am ready to buy the new Transit. I am also worried about stacking on inquiries even though they count as one if they're within a certain period as I will be looking at a mortgage possibly around March 2015. My question is, can I tell my salesman to run the credit for just Ford Financial and no other banks and see what they come with? I'm debating whether to go with FF or with local CU. When I checked their pre-qualify on Ford's website I was given a 2.9% which is the same as my CU. 

Will they just pull for what I tell them, or are they are going to go crazy? I have a past auto loan worth $23k with a co-signer that was perfectly paid off, so my auto-enhanced score should easily be in the ~710 range.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Ford Financial

I bought a new 2013 in Dec. 2012 from a Ford dealer in Tx.  My salesman was the internet sales manager, who pulled my credit while I was sitting in front of him.  We had already agreed upon the sale price. I ended up with two hard pulls, one from the dealer, and another from Ford Credit. Interestingly, there was a soft pull on EX I think.   He had already told me what the Tier 0/1 rate was on my car at 3.7%.  It was slightly higher than my CU at the time, but I got an extra $1000  incentive for going with Ford, in addition to a loyalty rebate.  No brainer for me.  I just added that to my down payment.  I also told him what my credit union rate was, and that I was only interested in the Ford Credit financing.  He said no problem.  Just make sure to make that plain and clear before allowing any pulls on your credit reports.  I have read that you can write it on the credit app, so if there is a problem you will have recourse with the bureaus to have the hard pulls deleted.  Very good experience with Ford Credit, the website is very user friendly.  Only thing I don't like is having to schedule a payment several days in advance.  No same day or next day posting.  Otherwise, Ford is also very good with repeat buyers if you keep your account in good standing.  Hope this helps, and good luck! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.