Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh BKCY, Need Advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fresh BKCY, Need Advice!

I completely forgot about drivetime. I'll check that out.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try the Capital One Auto Loan Prequalify Site, I am fresh out of discharge and got approved by them and by Toyota both.  My scores are in the mid 500's but my income is good, I bought both cars one from Honda (2016 Accord) with Captial One and I bought a 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid both new with no money down at all.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep Smiley Sad waiting for my denial letter in the mail. I feel like there's no hope. 

Message 13 of 18
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

What happened with Drive Time?  Nothing is as bad as you see it.  Chin up and pray.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to save $2k-3k just buy private party till you have more money and get the credit back up.
Message 15 of 18
RushXTC
Established Contributor

I can vouch that drive time will work, possibly without a down payment as well.

My friend got his car repo'd and just basically stopped paying all credit cards, didn't even hit bankruptcy, so he had a messload of defaulted payments and the repo.. credit score was in the 300's and he was approved on a nice little car through drive time, with no down payment.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey All, 

Just thought I would give an update. So they took my car this past monday night and I was left with nothing. Luckily, my mother let me sell her broken down car and I was able to have that as a down payment. I went to a Toyota today, was approved with a bank named CPS, Inc. and only had to give down $750 for a 2012 Camry. I am SO GRATEFUL for this vehicle and to WHOEVER approved my loan at that bank!!! Not having a car with two kids and my fiance working 25 miles away is just plain crazy.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  The car loan search is never easy after BK.  I was able to get a new 2015 Honda Civic LX coupe through Honda Financial 25 days after my BK was discharged and CS was below 500 but I had to go through dealership HELL at some lots.  I kept making payments through BK but once I got my new car, I had the old car picked up.  I only put down $1000 and I was able to use the $500 military credit too.  It is never easy to find that right dealer/salesman/lender who is willing to give you a second chance after BK. 

Credit rebuilding is a marathon and not a sprint.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.