nateohio

Friendliest Lending Institutions

My wife and I will be purchasing a new car in January. Her scores are all above 700 and mine are in the 660-680 range. Our utilization is about 50%, but our DTI is really low (10-15%). I am planning on applying with USAA, PENFED, and NFCU.

I would like know what other financial institutions you guys would recommend given our situation. I also would like to know the timeline for notification of approval if you guys can give me that information.

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Friendliest Lending Institutions

A liitle OT- but if your DTI is so low- why is your UTL so high?

Yes- credit Unions are the best place for the best auto rates

Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Is your DTI including just your CC debt or is that including your lease or mortgage payment?
nateohio

I am Active Duty Military, my wife and I are living overseas and the CC debt is the only debt that we have. That is how our DTI is so low.
Valued Contributor
cobra19

My numero uno choice is NFCU - a no brainer for me. When I was looking around for lease rates, NFCU beat the Lexus dealer (my 2nd choice), and Chase by a mile.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Rdennis

For me, the best choice was PenFed. 

I was reading one of the threads and saw someone say something about PenFed offering a low interest rate.  I immediately went to their website and became a member (actually, had to become a member of a preferred association before I can become a member - did not work for the pentagon or any other military branch/installation).

As soon as I became a member, I submitted an application for a $ 28,000 loan.  Was approved withing 30 seconds.  They pulled EQ, which was 672 at the time.   They are currently offering a 4.75% APY rate for online application submission only.

I have been extremely impressed with PenFed from the start (becoming a member, submitting application, receiving new membership information to getting a check cut for the purchase of the vehicle in less than 10 minutes.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+