Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM 72 Hour Sale & 0%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM 72 Hour Sale & 0%

What kind of scores are they looking for to qualify for this promo?

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Hogwash
Valued Member

Re: GM 72 Hour Sale & 0%

Moobs - excellent question. I was turned down for a GMC loan 3 months ago because I did not have a car loan in the last 5 years. EQ 771 and TU 759 - they pulled both. $-0- debt and CC's PIF every month. Good luck!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! I guess they really didn't want to sell their cars. Scores don't get too much better than yours.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

760 seems to be the magic number. Call a dealership and ask what is need to qualify for 0% apr.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were so close,  seems like they would have pushed the deal through to make the sell. Other than not having a car note did they say any other specific reason for 0% apr denial?
Message 5 of 11
slappywhite
Established Member

My old lady bought a car yesterday.  She got an online pre-approval through GMAC.  They pulled EX and EQ.  Her EQ was 688 and her EX was 712.  The salesman at the dealership explained to us that GMAC has 6 tiers, "S" "A" "B" "C" "D" "E".  Tiers "S" "A" and "B" qualify for the 0%.  She was "B" tier.  I see Hogwash was declined because he hasn't had a car loan in 5 years.  My girlfriend hasn't had a car loan since 2001.  She paid it off early with no lates.  I hope this helps!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hogwash wrote:
Moobs - excellent question. I was turned down for a GMC loan 3 months ago because I did not have a car loan in the last 5 years. EQ 771 and TU 759 - they pulled both. $-0- debt and CC's PIF every month. Good luck!

Maybe they are looking for people with boarderline credit so GM Financing can make money if they default - when the higher rates take effect.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We qualified 3 months ago for 2.99( wish I had waited now) with a 758 score and he told us we  qualified easily We had not had a car loan in 7 years.
Message 8 of 11
Hogwash
Valued Member

Here are my myFico scores. I received an email from the GMC dealer over the weekend trying to promote the special and the "substantial" discounts available on the Yukons. I reminded him that I could not qualify for GMC financing just a few months ago. He asked to "try it again" and I declined. He did say that GMC was a little easier to deal with going forward (not certain what that means) for credit approvals.

I don't need a gas guzzler right now no matter what type of financing is available. I just filled my "old" Yukon up this weekend - $128! Ouch

Your Latest FICO® Scores

TransUnion

Date: 6/26/2008

Equifax

Date: 7/2/2008

Experian

Date: 6/24/2008

Buy Today's Score Buy Today's Score Buy Today's Score

Message Edited by Hogwash on 07-09-2008 02:41 PM
Message 9 of 11
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I bought my truck today and I qualified for 72 months at 0% with a 667 EQ, through Toyota.  I declined the 0% because the rebates were too good to pass on!  I will refinance in a few months and get a little better rate (I currently have 9%).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.