Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Customer Service and Online Payment is down - possible 30 day late

tag
dannyz21
Established Member

GM Financial Customer Service and Online Payment is down - possible 30 day late

Hello,

Trying to be proactive here.  I wanted to make my car payment with GM Financial on 1/3/18, which would've been 27 days late.  However when I went to login to make an online payment, there is website is down due to a system upgrade and there is no access to online payments or even to call customer service.   My payment will be considered 30 days late on 1/7/18.   However, since I have no way of paying them, I may not be able to make the payment before 1/7/18.   I could've mailed in the payment, but I had no idea the system would be down.   It's been down since 12/29/17 and was supposed to be back up today 1/5/18, however they are still down.

My question is - if GM Financial hits my credit report with a 30 day late, will I have any recourse to remove the late payment since their systems were completely down and there was no way to make an online payment or even a phone payment?

Thanks for any feedback.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Financial Customer Service and Online Payment is down - possible 30 day late

I am not sure about your recourse, but I know our dealer systems with them are also down. I thought it was supposed to be up by the 2nd or 3rd for some reason in an email I thought I read. 

Hopefully someone else will chime in on your legal recourse. It certainly doesn't pass the sniff test. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 4
dannyz21
Established Member

Re: GM Financial Customer Service and Online Payment is down - possible 30 day late

Yes, it was supposed to be up by today Jan 5th.   Since they still down, who knows when everything will be back online.   Very frustrating that customer service is unavailable as well.

Message 3 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Send the payment via Western Union or Money Gram if you can.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.