Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial first 30 day late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM Financial first 30 day late

Very frustrated, my first 30 days late with GM financial and it dropped my scores from -29 to -32 points.

Let me explain, before this I had made 18 payments with them all on time and never late. I even spoke to them and explained that I may be late due to a medical emergency with one of my children, causing me to have to pay towards an emergency bill. My payment was due on 7/4 but I didn’t pay it till 8/4. Well today is 8/5 and they already reported it as 30 days late.

Not to mention I also have a 2nd vehicle through them and I just made my 5th payment on this vehicle on time.

If I call them does anyone know if they will give me a onetime pass and remove this 30 day late, since before this incident I was in great standing with them.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GM Financial first 30 day late

It's worth a shot.  Only cost is the time it takes to make the calls... (yes, it may take more than one, or even a letter to get it done).

And remember not to take it personally.  A computer somewhere is who did the reporting, I doubt any actual human was involved.  It caught that your 30 days had passed (8/4 is 31 days past 7/4), and just spit out the reporting.  When you called in ahead of the fact, the customer service person who took your call was likely sympathetic, but there may have been nothing they could've done to stop it - there just probably isn't a field to fill in on the computer that says "Customer reporting they will be late, hold reporting,"  It's all greatly automized, so the computer pegged you as scheduled because nobody could tell it not to.  That doesn't mean they can't manually get in there and remove the reporting if they want to, so if you have the time, go ahead and contact them to ask.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.