Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMAC Financing With +621 FICO Score - Who Has Been Approved

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

GMAC Financing With +621 FICO Score - Who Has Been Approved

Now that GMAC is back in the lending business, has anyone been approved around the 621 range?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: GMAC Financing With +621 FICO Score - Who Has Been Approved

Anecdotal evidence is low scores will make getting a loan possible, but the interest rates and term length may not be very good for the consumer.  Everything is still semi-frozen in the car business.  And it changes day be day.
Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Depends if the dealership pulls & receives a different score.  Your interest rate also is dictated by the amount of $$$ you put down, trade in and all of that.

When you do apply, make SURE the dealer SHOWS you YOUR SCORE.  You have a right to see that score.  If they put up a hard fight, run out the door.

DH was approved with VW lower than that (although his TU was way higher), $1500 trade & $3k downpayment.

He also has two autos.

I think you'll get it.  I'm sending you a PM

Message 3 of 8
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Just wanted to refresh this thread out of curiosity as I will be looking to get a GMAC approval once I get my 1st Time Homebuyer credit back.

Does anyone know who GMAC pulls?  Not much information for them on whogavemecredit.

Message 4 of 8
corysti
Valued Member

Well yesterday my dealership used GMAC and I got approved for the15k loan with my credit score of only 629. They pulled EQ for me so im not sure if thats everywhere. Only thing though they may approve you but there is a 80% chance they are going to ask for proof of income and I was told I had to make 1800+ a month to get the loan so i walked out. Best decsion I made in my life Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply corysti.  What part of the country are you in?  That can make a difference sometimes in who they pull.
Message 6 of 8
corysti
Valued Member

Yea, Im a arkansas resident Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Bradsrq
Established Member

I was just approved a week ago thru GMAC. My scores are in the 660"s.  I got a rate of 8.9% for 72 mos. The car had a 3500 rebate and I put 1K down. Dont know if that helps you or not.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.