Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOIN' CRAZY ON A PRE-AUTO LOAN ISSUE?

tag
jules79
Established Member

GOIN' CRAZY ON A PRE-AUTO LOAN ISSUE?

I will be applyin for an auto loan next month,silly me, i applied for a barclays apple credit card with $2000 TODAY!!! (tellin myself i shouldve waited :-(  )i have a kinda thin credit file.

All accounts is paid in on time.NO lates EQ & TU are perfectly fine no Baddies & no public records...

**But i have 3 BADDIES(3 PAID OFF STATE TAX LIENS JUST ONLY ON EXperian & thats all)on public record,**

so it made me to just FREEZE my EXPERIAN REPORT.UNTIL I dispute the paid liens to be removed

Lastly,i am wondering if opening this NEW cc today jeopardized my chances of gettin a nice APR for 72% on a $33,000 Auto Loan within the next 30 days.

Am Lookin at 5-6% APR FOR 72 MONTHS FOR AN $30,000 (IM PUTTING DOWN PAYMENT $23,000) , TOTAL=$53,000

Thanks for any advise & assistance....Cheers!

MY TL as Follows as of /01/24/12

Chase Auto Loan=$12040-($1 bal) opened=02/2008**left that $1 bal so my FICO score wont drop significantly.

CAPITAL ONE=$2500 ($331 bal) opened=04/2007.**only authorized user**

CAPITAL ONE = $500($0 bal),opened =05/2011

ORCHARD BANK=$500($0 bal) opened= 05/2011

APPLE BARCLAYS=$2000($0 bal) opened today= 01/24/12  ** SHOULD HAVE WAITED AFTER THE LOAN*

**************************************************​**************************************************​**************************************************​***

EX=716 (FAKO) as of 12/27/11 (3 inquries in last 12 mths,last inquiry in 05/2011) **3 PAID OFF STATE LIEN* in dispute to be deleted... Hopefully*

EQ=714 (FICO) AS OF 01/20/12 (3 inquries in last 12 mths,last inquiry in 05/2011)

TU=762 (FICO) AS OF 01/20/12 (2 inquiry in last 12mths,last inquiry in 05/2011)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GOIN' CRAZY ON A PRE-AUTO LOAN ISSUE?

The $1 balance on your Chase auto loan is insignificant, just buys you an extra month of history on that tradeline.  Paying in full might be a slight positive (we're talking single digit numbers most likely), but that's about all.  Personally I'd take the extra month.

The Barclay card probably won't even show up on the credit report by the time you apply for an autoloan.  You'll take a hit for the inquiry but that's not major, and there's no guaruntee your lender will pull the same report that Barclay did (TU?).

I wouldn't sweat it, you're putting a massive amount down on what I assume is a new car, you'll be fine assuming you're not in an area where the dealer pulls EX exclusively, but there's enough lenders that pull the other it's not a huge issue.  Just look in the auto-approvals thread and research a bit.  FWIW though you didn't have a thin file or anywhere close to it, 3 revolving lines and one nearly paid auto loan = good setup for another car loan.

        
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah if you are putting 40% down then I don't think you will have an issue with getting financed......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Yeah if you are putting 40% down then I don't think you will have an issue with getting financed......

+1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.