Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOT APPROVED! 19 w/o cosigner!

tag
vizon
Regular Contributor

GOT APPROVED! 19 w/o cosigner!

Hey guys just thought I'd share some uplifting info:

I was approved for a brand new 2013 mustang. I am 19, 20 in May. I was approved with no cosigner. IT WASN'T easy, as I have no auto on my credit, and limited history. HOWEVER, I was approved by Huntington Bank which is a rather large brand out here in the midwest. I actually used to bank there. The most customer friendly bank I have ever used, but with my business, Chase had way more incentives and more technology for us that made the processing so much easier... so we switch to chase.

I was so happy to be approved by Huntington for my first auto loan at 4.54% @ 72 months.

If anyone is curious, I am self employed. Chase is our business bank, personal, credit cards, credit card processing AND THEY REFUSED to deal with me. I was shocked to say the least... They have records of the income at their disposal, etc.

I am very happy with Huntington.

I have owned 2 brand new mustangs since I was 16, but I did not finance them (and no mommy and daddy didn't contribute a penney Smiley Wink)

Cannot wait to build a great credit history and relationship with huntington!

ALSO: I got the first 2013 mustang sold in Indy. I paid $1,250 under invoice with a coupon I got emailed to me from ford WHILE I was discussing numbers with them. They were telling me to play the lottery because it had to be my lucky day getting a coupon randomly while I was buying a car.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I am extatic.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
teenastie
Established Contributor

Re: GOT APPROVED! 19 w/o cosigner!

@vizon wrote:

Hey guys just thought I'd share some uplifting info:

I was approved for a brand new 2013 mustang. I am 19, 20 in May. I was approved with no cosigner. IT WASN'T easy, as I have no auto on my credit, and limited history. HOWEVER, I was approved by Huntington Bank which is a rather large brand out here in the midwest. I actually used to bank there. The most customer friendly bank I have ever used, but with my business, Chase had way more incentives and more technology for us that made the processing so much easier... so we switch to chase.

@I was so happy to be approved by Huntington for my first auto loan at 4.54% @ 72 months.

If anyone is curious, I am self employed. Chase is our business bank, personal, credit cards, credit card processing AND THEY REFUSED to deal with me. I was shocked to say the least... They have records of the income at their disposal, etc.

I am very happy with Huntington.

I have owned 2 brand new mustangs since I was 16, but I did not finance them (and no mommy and daddy didn't contribute a penney Smiley Wink)

Cannot wait to build a great credit history and relationship with huntington!

ALSO: I got the first 2013 mustang sold in Indy. I paid $1,250 under invoice with a coupon I got emailed to me from ford WHILE I was discussing numbers with them. They were telling me to play the lottery because it had to be my lucky day getting a coupon randomly while I was buying a car.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I am extatic.

Congratulations!!!

I too was 19 going on 20 when I financed my first car! It was exciting to say the least! I was approved through VW Credit over a decade ago. The terms weren't as stellar as yours though (15% apr I believe). But I do remember my insurance nearly mirroring my car payment Smiley Mad. Take good care of your credit and it will take care of you!!!

p.s. Don't drive to fast in that car!!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off congrats!! It most definitely must not have been easy. At the moment im looking to lease a new car and have no auto financing history on my credit. Id love some more info on how you went about getting the loan and if you have any suggestions. Id greatly appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval - a real rarity in the overall market.

I too would be curious to here what your insurance payment is though. Gotta be close to the car payment for your age and that car.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.