cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOT APPROVED FOR GM FINANCIAL FOR A BRAND NEW CAR OF 22000 $ WITH A SCORE OF 590

tag
Succeedin2
Established Member

Re: GOT APPROVED FOR GM FINANCIAL FOR A BRAND NEW CAR OF 22000 $ WITH A SCORE OF 590

I did a search for GM Finance and I heard some say if you are in the positive, GM is not reporting on ANY of the three Credit Reporting Agencies a friend of mine told me yesterday that she has only been late once but although the contract said they report they do not. Although it is important to pay on time or early if possible, it's no benefit to raise her score she can't get credit. My situation was different although my credit was bad after my divorce, I was financed through Chase it reports to all three and as a result that helped my score. Any advice for my friend since GM is not reporting she thinks its so people can never get refinanced for a lower rate she said she has requested them to report several times.
Message 11 of 21
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: GOT APPROVED FOR GM FINANCIAL FOR A BRAND NEW CAR OF 22000 $ WITH A SCORE OF 590

Are we talking about General Motors financing now called Ally or are you referring to another lender?
Message 12 of 21
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Bump
Message 13 of 21
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Thats what I was wondering as well. I will be shopping for a new kia and this information is helpful! My parents got thier truck through Ally Financial.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 14 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

DH had a vehicle financed with GM financial... Interest rate was high, so we paid off the loan before 12 months were over. The loan reported to all three bureaus.  Make sure that they have the correct address for you on file.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 21
harleyquinn1330
New Visitor

Feb. 2013 I got a loan with GM financial for a dodge caliber. I was nervous because the interest is  high but so far so good (I was one day late on one payment because of a mixup on my part on the due date but I called them and they were so nice about it) .... and I do see it on my credit report so they are reporting. i'm hoping that after a year or two of on time payments I can get it refinanced but we'll see. The bad reviews also made me very nervous, but I'm thinking most weren't making on time payments. It's been 4 months and I haven't heard anything from GM financial and I've been perfectly happy

Message 16 of 21
jocelyn2828
New Visitor

Hello, I also got approved a year and a few months ago for a 16% interest rate, i had a car before that financed where my grandmother co-signed for me and with a different finance company, it never got repossed but i was young and made late payments (that KILLED my credit), so that car was 8 years old and falling apart so i traded it is for my new 2013 car BUT since i ruined my credit i could only get financing through GM Financial, which is fine I was happy to get financed at all, It brought my credit score up a little bit, I have never been a day late with my payments to GM Financial, I have had an A+ payment record with them, what do you think my changes of refinancing with another company are? My credit score is only about 600 ( I have medical bills on there too) I was wondering if anyone in a smiliar situation got refinanced? Thanks! Also...this company has never bothered me once, ever except when i first got financing, i pay my bills on time so they leave me alone, all those other mad people are just upset with the compant because they didnt pay (Im not judjing I have had my fair share of ups and downs)

Message 17 of 21
jocelyn2828
New Visitor

They reply to all three... I have GM Financial and its on all of my credit reports as OK good standing and my last payment, I am not sure what your friend is talking about

Message 18 of 21
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

GM spun off GMAC in to what is now known as Ally Financial.

Americredit was purchased by GM 2-3 years ago and became GM Financial.

Ally finances Average to prime credit.

GM Financial is their sub prime captive lender.

Message 19 of 21
mrsnurse2014
New Visitor

How do I apply to use them as my autolender?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.