Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a loan after repossession with a cosigner

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a loan after repossession with a cosigner

Hi all,

I had my car repossessed last November since I was unemployed and couldn't make the payments on time. Chase, who financed the loan didn't want to work with me and refused my payment when I was able to make it. I've since become employed and have been for about 6 months.

My aunt has agreed to cosign a car for me and her credit score is an 806.  Another thing is, the repo is showing up as "Open" on my credit report. It was taken 6 months ago so shouldn't it have been reported by now?

I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to get a loan if my aunt cosigns or if I cosign (I have to register and insure the car in my name) since she has the stronger credit?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting a loan after repossession with a cosigner

When you say the Chase loan shows open... does it show open current or open repo?

If it doesn't show repo, I would go try to buy a car on your own... otherwise I would not think you would have a problem with a co-signer

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.