Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting prepped for a Purchase in about 6 Months

tag
phenox2497

Getting prepped for a Purchase in about 6 Months

Hey their guys,

I was wanting to know a few ways to raise my Fico/strengthen my credit, according to most people my credit is "average" about a 650, I have 3 Lines of credit and will have one paid off (student loan) in about 2 months.

One is a credit card with about $1800 out of $2400 which will be paid off about the same time the Student loan is. Never missed a payment, I always pay early and at least $150 over minimum.

The other is some furniture i bought about 5 months ago on a 36 month lease for a little of $3,000 right now I have $500 left o pay and am about 2 years ahead on payments their.

all this at least what I thought would make it look better but no such luck, I can't get a prroved on a laptop I have the cash to buy (through best buy figured it may just look good) thats only $1,200 I'm assuming this is all because of insufficient credit history each acoount is no longer than 18 or so months old.

So back to the original subject I'm looking at trading in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse for a 2011 (or the way its looking 2012) Mustang GT, I would put at least $9K down and trade in my current car whcih  KBB said is worth about $8500 from a dealer. so I'd basically be putting about half down on the car maybe a little more. My current car isn't in my name and was a graduation present about 3 years ago but I've asked my parents to transfer it to me so I can get some credit off of it not sure if that's gonna work out. Also I'm not switching cars for the sake of switching I've jsut had ton's of problems with is and Mitsu support is Abysmal at best, ECU fired,TPS Sensor Fried,hole in headers. all finally fixed after a claims process was done for the warranty. not to mention the Bad luck it generates! I've been in 4 Wrecks (one of which is my phone and filed on insurance.)

I would ask my Parents to Co-sign but they're of mind that I should work for it or just pay in cash....

Umm as far as Bills/Income... I make a bit over $3500/mo (after taxes) and my only bills at this point are Insurance/Cell phone the latter being paid for by my employer. Also I'm sure this will also come into play, since i'm so young im only 19, 20 next month. Not sure if that helps or hurts my situation. Anyway anything y'all can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Anymore questions please let me know and I'll get back as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nes
Established Member

Re: Getting prepped for a Purchase in about 6 Months

i wouldnt apply for any more credit accounts while you wait, ford motor credit is pretty lenient on slim credit approvals with the amount of money down you are putting. if i where you, id pay down the accounts to where they all report 0, then go into a ford dealer with the cash down you have, and see what they can do. it will be possible to get approved

starting score in feb 2008
Eq:630
Tu:630

current score as of aug 3 2010
eq:692
tu: 697

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.