Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Financial

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Go Financial

I do understand GF is a subprime lender but as I was thinking of buying a used vehicle, they offered a rate of 4.92% @ 72months.  I am a long time member of NFCU with scores across the board of about 758 and above.  I guess the DTI makes a big difference because their rate is cheaper than NFCU!  NFCU is telling me the best rate is 5.29% for the same terms.  I will update later to let you know exactly what it is.  Can anyone update me on who can do better than 4.92??  Bank of America?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Go Financial

What is your current DTI? With those scores and a DTI of 40% or better (including your new loan) you should be golden. The other side of the coin is enough income to support the loan.

Finally, NFCU uses their own internal scoring whcih may be very different than the score you are seeing.

Message 2 of 5
babbles
Established Contributor

Hello, unfortunately my DTI is about 59% with my rental. I'm researching BOA and capital one rates since I have inquiries.
Message 3 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Given your current credit portfolio, I think you have found the rate range most places are likely to give you. 

If you do not have a Credit Sesame account get the free one, they are pretty good at giving you you updated (lag a bit time wise) DTI

Message 4 of 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I got 2.49% for 72 months with no money down and no documents from Capital One.

I do spend quite a bit on my Cap One cards but my scores only average right at 700.

Check out thier prequalify site with a VIN number and price for real rate.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.