Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going To Apply For Auto Loan Soon

tag
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Re: Going To Apply For Auto Loan Soon

Just wanted to update my old thread:

I had the dealer shop around my app and the lowest they came back with was 6% (I asked to see their computer to confirm).  I said if they could get it down to 4.5% they would have a deal.  They came back 5min. later and said, "Done, we got you for 4.5% from TD Auto Finance".

I was a bit weary as it was 8pm and asked if it was a for sure thing because I didn't want a call in the next couple of weeks saying they couldn't do it.  They assured me it was a done deal.  I then went into the finance manager's office and started looking over the paperwork.  On the yellow finance sheet it said the financer was the dealership, NOT TD Auto.  I began to question why they weren't the financer and I finally got it out of the lady that they hadn't exactly confirmed with TD Auto that the rate would be 4.5%.  She assured me that she would be able to get them down to that rate when she could get ahold of them the next day.

I told her that there is no deal then and to call me tomorrow if she can get it done.  I was so frustrated because they had lied when I had made it clear that I didn't want to sign off until it was official.  They of course chased me out the door, but I held my ground and left.

Next day they called and said it was a done deal at 4.5%.  I went in and had her use speaker phone to TD Auto to ease my worries.  Signed and left!

Phew!  If it weren't for this message board and all of the info. I wouldn't have known half of what I did.  So thank you to everyone and the wealth of knowledge provided!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going To Apply For Auto Loan Soon

@ NinHalo

Cosigning is used for income purposes or credit scores. It seems like your biggest concerns are the baddies on your credit report. If i is it not an auto loan, a mortage, a repo, or bankrup, than they really do not matter in the auto finance world. 

You are absolutely right. Is it in your experience that if its been more than 5 years since you have not financed anything ( car installment loan, personal loan or any other mortgages) but you have baddies about 4/5 years old, does that affect how auto loans are made . I m in that kinda situation no loans over 5 years but 4/6 baddies some 4+ years old.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.