cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going big first time car loan NISSAN GTR....your thoughts..

tag
hatetheordinary
Valued Member

Re: Going big first time car loan NISSAN GTR....your thoughts..

They want to see w2's? Lol....You might not want to do this, but its time to play hardball with these douchebags. Take your 15k you have saved up in cash to the dealer. Make sure you ask the salesman to get the manager. Tell both these losers that you are going to save another 10-15k and go to another dealer and pay cash for the car. Do this while waving your 15k in the air. Do it with satisfaction and have fun with it. I would tell that dealer where he can go in a second. You have to remember, they are just like prostitutes, doctors,and lawyers, they are found on every block.

Message 11 of 39
mo15473
Contributor

If you have access to NFCU or PENFED Call them and see if you can get the auto loan 

Message 12 of 39
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I think you could probably pull this off. The numbers all look good.

I wouldn't do it, but you only live once. Enjoy it.

Ok i lied I did this in my 20s lol.

Message 13 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Did I read you want to buy a $65k car and put "comprehensive" Insurance ONLY on it, not full coverage?

and am I the only one that thinks even if approved at some pretty good terms that an $800+ car payment is an issue on that income?

Message 14 of 39
mo15473
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Did I read you want to buy a $65k car and put "comprehensive" Insurance ONLY on it, not full coverage?

and am I the only one that thinks even if approved at some pretty good terms that an $800+ car payment is an issue on that income?

CA you are hilarious. I say let him go for it. He will be back telling a story soon. and whats a 800+ car note, thats chup change now a days right Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 39
awp317
Frequent Contributor

IM confused, you keep saying you have never had an auto loan before like its a good thing. This is a very big negitive In my opinion if you are trying to get approved for a loan this big. They are going to ask for a co signer im sure. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 16 of 39
mo15473
Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

IM confused, you keep saying you have never had an auto loan before like its a good thing. This is a very big negitive In my opinion if you are trying to get approved for a loan this big. They are going to ask for a co signer im sure. 

If he has a good relationship with a Local Bank or CU there is a good chance he can get the loan. My first loan was with NFCU and I never had a car loan prier to that. I was 19 and purched a 32k VW passet at the time I was only making $15 an hour and paying like $500 in rent with a roomate. Not saying its a wise decision but hey you only live once. If cars is his passion like mine id say let him go for it. He would just have a tight budget. Might I also add there are many people who still do things like this now a days. If  you dont care about a house and just want to enjoy the single life and live out your youth go for it. But to each his own. just my thought.

Message 17 of 39
hatetheordinary
Valued Member

I guess I should point a few things out to the "critics" [ aka. Haters and naysayers]. I work in the oil industry. I work 3 weeks on and have 3 weeks off. My money goes very far due to the fact that I do not have any food expenses, gasoline expenses, and other ancillary expenses. I pay 200 dollars to a friend every 3 weeks when I am home  to live in his downstairs apartment. I have no debt whatsoever and my debt to income ratio is laughably 3% [ maybe]. I wont give anyone the specific dollar that I am able to save each month [ net] because I dont want to bum people out as to how badly their job compares to mine but its north of 4k. The only story the "critics" are going to hear is what its like easily being able to afford a car that they cannot afford.

Message 18 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@hatetheordinary wrote:

I guess I should point a few things out to the "critics" [ aka. Haters and naysayers]. I work in the oil industry. I work 3 weeks on and have 3 weeks off. My money goes very far due to the fact that I do not have any food expenses, gasoline expenses, and other ancillary expenses. I pay 200 dollars to a friend every 3 weeks when I am home  to live in his downstairs apartment. I have no debt whatsoever and my debt to income ratio is laughably 3% [ maybe]. I wont give anyone the specific dollar that I am able to save each month [ net] because I dont want to bum people out as to how badly their job compares to mine but its north of 4k. The only story the "critics" are going to hear is what its like easily being able to afford a car that they cannot afford.

I don't hate and im happy for anyone to buy, finance, lease anything in the world! I was just commenting off what I felt was initially provided as info.

So based on this new info I don't have anything to say about the cost, the payment, the loan, what ever....

HOWEVER my question, complaint, whatever you want to call it about carrying basic insurance STANDS VERY LOUD... even more so if this car sits somewhere for some time while you are off in the water or something depending what you do with oil industry.... don't skimp on insurance for you, your car, your property, other people in your car, in a different car, someone elses car, someone elses property because you just never know if they are skimping too and if you come out with all the cash sitting around you might find yourself at fault for something you didn't feel you shoudl be at fault for just because you both decided to carry no insurance and they have no cash but you do... they will come after that cash! if you don't think it's possible or care then fine, but why if you have the cash, save yourself $150/month to carry little to no insurance for the what ifs.

that's all... now go get this fun little car to drive and let us know who finances it.

Message 19 of 39
hatetheordinary
Valued Member

Creditaddict I totally agree with your concerns regarding the insurance. I may have posted some rather ambiguous or vague info regarding the coverage for full or comprehensive. I had a quote done on the car and its surprisingly cheap. I suppose being a lifetime holder of statefarm, clean driving record, and now having a bit of age [early 30's] on my side helps. I absolutely intend to have full coverage. 

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.