cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going big first time car loan NISSAN GTR....your thoughts..

tag
hatetheordinary
Valued Member

Re: Going big first time car loan NISSAN GTR....your thoughts..

Well I finally took the plunge and got a car. I went big, but not as big as the initial post led on. Even with the money I could have put down on the GTR [which was a ridiculous downpayment amount] the car would have been a stupid expensive monthly figure for a used car with more miles than the one I eventually ended up getting. I decided a 2008 Porsche 911 [997 carrera] with only 20k miles was the better option. It certainly looks better than a Nissan GTR and its more involving  and rewarding from a driving enthusiast perspective. Will post details of the purchase [credit score, lending bank, etc. ] in the autoloan thread count.

Message 31 of 39
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Congrats on a fun ride! Hope it brings you a lot of enjoyment.
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hatetheordinary wrote:

Well I finally took the plunge and got a car. I went big, but not as big as the initial post led on. Even with the money I could have put down on the GTR [which was a ridiculous downpayment amount] the car would have been a stupid expensive monthly figure for a used car with more miles than the one I eventually ended up getting. I decided a 2008 Porsche 911 [997 carrera] with only 20k miles was the better option. It certainly looks better than a Nissan GTR and its more involving  and rewarding from a driving enthusiast perspective. Will post details of the purchase [credit score, lending bank, etc. ] in the autoloan thread count.

Congrats from a fellow Oil Field worker (MWD engineer). I will also be going large but in june. Had to clear out 55k in student loans first, almost done. Had the GT3-RS, GTR, Jag F-type, 2010-2012 Audi R8 Spyder in mind. Settled on the wow factor of the R8. I'm going the credit union route with NFCU. How did you end up attaining your financing, dealer? 

Message 33 of 39
hatetheordinary
Valued Member

Yes I went through the dealer. My bank [Compass] only offered me 25k. I say only in regards to 25k because I was putting down 14k which in my mind offers very nice equity in a car valued between 45-60k and should yield more of a loan offer. I have been with compass over 15 years as well and just dont feel I was treated as well as I should have been. Dealer financing was 5.3% which is not bad considering compass was offering 3.79%. Dont be afraid of dealer financing and good luck to you....stay safe

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been debating taking he plunge into a GTR for the last 6 months.  I fell in love with them in 2009 and it has been on my mind every check.  I'm in the oilfield as well, another MWD.  I just can't take the bite of only being able to drive it a few days every other month :-(

Message 35 of 39
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Looks like I need to find me a job in the oil field

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you don't like being home and want to constantly check oil prices to make sure you will have a job tomorrow go for it.  Although, this isn't the time to be trying to jump into the patch......

Message 37 of 39
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the car! My next big loan will be an auto loan, but not quite as big as yours!

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well if you don't like being home and want to constantly check oil prices to make sure you will have a job tomorrow go for it.  Although, this isn't the time to be trying to jump into the patch......

HAHA SaltLifetoOilLife tell me about it. What part of the country/company are you working with/out of?

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.