cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Fico score, low income and disabled, no cosigner, can anyone give me a car loan?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good Fico score, low income and disabled, no cosigner, can anyone give me a car loan?

Posts advocating use of fraudulent information on an application (and responses) have been removed from this post.   Please note that promotion of activities that are unethical or illegal are not allowed on the myFICO Forums.  

SunriseEarth

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Good Fico score, low income and disabled, no cosigner, can anyone give me a car loan?

I am not suggesting that you get a lemon. From your first post you said you were going to "pay off" the vehicle loan with a student loan, see this quote from your original post:

Is there any options for me?  I can have the loan paid off in full by next november as I am receiving 13,000 in student loans next year, which I took out for the purpose of getting a car that I can use.

This is not paying off a loan. It is paying your vehicle loan off with student loan which is a bad idea. 

It is a better idea to qualify for a vehicle loan that you can afford until you can pay it off with the income you receive.  Given your current income of $800 to $1000 per month the new vehicle loan should be a very low amount so you are able to afford it.  Are there programs available to you to purchase a vehicle to accomodate your disability?  I have no idea, but a quick search comes up with a couple of websites for you to check out:  I haven't checked the validy of the websites, but it is worth your time to research it. Here are a few to get started: 

http://www.mobilityworks.com/financing/grant-assistance/ 

https://www.braunability.com/wheelchair-van-grants-funds/

http://rjmobilityservice.com/resources/funding-financing/

It would be irresponsible of us to encourage you to get in debt at your income level. It makes more sense to encourage you to look for better solutions than converting school loans to something for which they are not intended - which is to purchase a vehicle. 

I sincerely wish to help you find what you need without getting into debt. Debt is one way to hurt yourself long term. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

I am not suggesting that you get a lemon. From your first post you said you were going to "pay off" the vehicle loan with a student loan, see this quote from your original post:

Is there any options for me?  I can have the loan paid off in full by next november as I am receiving 13,000 in student loans next year, which I took out for the purpose of getting a car that I can use.

This is not paying off a loan. It is paying your vehicle loan off with student loan which is a bad idea. 

It is a better idea to qualify for a vehicle loan that you can afford until you can pay it off with the income you receive.  Given your current income of $800 to $1000 per month the new vehicle loan should be a very low amount so you are able to afford it.  Are there programs available to you to purchase a vehicle to accomodate your disability?  I have no idea, but a quick search comes up with a couple of websites for you to check out:  I haven't checked the validy of the websites, but it is worth your time to research it. Here are a few to get started: 

http://www.mobilityworks.com/financing/grant-assistance/ 

https://www.braunability.com/wheelchair-van-grants-funds/

http://rjmobilityservice.com/resources/funding-financing/

It would be irresponsible of us to encourage you to get in debt at your income level. It makes more sense to encourage you to look for better solutions than converting school loans to something for which they are not intended - which is to purchase a vehicle. 

I sincerely wish to help you find what you need without getting into debt. Debt is one way to hurt yourself long term. 

Aye I understand, unfortunately Ive gone through all the above and they couldn't assist me or didn't apply to me.  Thank you for the assistance either way.

Message 13 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

for starters, try CapitalOne auto pre-qual (it's a soft pull) to see what APR/payments it kicks out. see if you can afford it and go from there (you can probably find a better rate elsewhere).

if you can't then rethink it and wait till you get some more $ together or maybe find another vehicle.   A repo'd car would be even more useless than what you have now so stay safely within your budget.

Message 14 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

OP, have you thought about maybe crowdfunding your new vehicle?  Or lending club? Or some other P2P type lending? Others know more about those type of loans but with your $4k to $5k down payment and crowd funding for another $8k to $10k it may be a more viable solution for you than a traditional vehicle loan.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.