cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Interest Rates

tag
XCEO0078

Good Interest Rates

My equifax fico score is 638, I recently applied with NFCU for a $40k auto loan and then came back with a 13.79% interest rate.  That's high!!  Anyone knows other financial institutions that may be a little better on rates?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ejoshmo
Established Member

Re: Good Interest Rates

Yes, I tried capital one so far and was accepted.  See my post HERE.  I have a similar EQ score of 637

Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

I would also check with a local CU.  Take a copy of your credit report down to them and they might be willing to give you an idea.  If not, it won't cost an INQ.  Nothing to loose.  Also it may be possible to refi if your FICO score goes up.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

if navy federal came back with a 13.79% rate, thats probably one of the best rates you are going to get, unless you have some particulars to your profile that NFCU flagged that no one else would.

You could get better from some palce you have an existing relationship with, but it is what it is.

I also think you may have received a higher rate due to the amount of money you requested. Not having any idea what your income/debt or bureau looks like there is no real advice that anyone here can give you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.