Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Scores, No Auto Loan

tag
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Good Scores, No Auto Loan

My wife is getting ready to purchase her first car.  Her EQ FICO is 758 and has perfect payment history on all 4 revolving accounts.  AAoA is 5 years, oldest account is 6 years, however, she does not have a mixture of account types.  She's never had an auto loan or any type of installment loan.  What are her chances of getting her first auto loan with a good rate?  She's wanting a Ford Edge that would cost around $30k.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Good Scores, No Auto Loan

With income to support the purchase her chances of a good rate are high. Ford has first time buyer programs that she will qualify for. The people who get much higher rates on their first loan are usually those with a troubled past credit history. Your wife's scores are Tier 1 in any dealership assuming they are FICO scores.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

With income to support the purchase her chances of a good rate are high. Ford has first time buyer programs that she will qualify for. The people who get much higher rates on their first loan are usually those with a troubled past credit history. Your wife's scores are Tier 1 in any dealership assuming they are FICO scores.

Exactly,

Since it`s Ford, here some more "News You can Use". If you arent already X plan eligible through your employer.... Then join EAA for $40 per year which covers everyone in the home and allows for 2 purchases per year at the X-plan pricing. The downside is that there is a 60 day waiting period.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

I have a very similar score and purchased a year old used car a few months ago. I went to my credit union and they approved me for 2.9%. I did put down about 30%, but I don't think I had to. I had never had an auto loan before. I had 5 credit cards and no installment loans.

Message 4 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Ford currenly has $2,000 plus 0% on the Edge (depending on where you are).  If she can't get that I bet she can easily get DCU to go 1.9%

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.